Our blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.kritiquekritics.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Kritique Kritics: I'm Moving In

Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm Moving In

Today marks the beginning of a challenge for me--the Southern Cross Novel Challenge. Described as the Southern Hemisphere's version of NaNoWriMo, SoCNoC's challenge is to write 50,000 words of fiction in the month of June.

I already have a novel on the board; I've been working on it for almost five years now. That seems like a long time (to me, at least), but a lot has been going on. I began the book shortly after suffering chronic carbon monoxide poisoning--and the writing process has been as much a journey of personal growth as it has been one of story. I'm rebuilding my life as I build my novel.

I envision my novel as a house. Each room is a chapter.

For five years, I've been visiting my house, taking items inside. Some rooms are filled with things, all piled together in disorderly fashion. Here and there is a neat corner, perfectly decorated. Other rooms, though, are still empty.

I haven't been staying in my house--just stopping by when I can, in between other obligations. A morning here, an evening there. A whole weekend, now and again. Weeks can pass with only a few visits, maybe to carry in a new piece when I come across something.

Not anymore.

As of June 1, 2008, I've made the decision to move into my house. It's a big move. Life changing. I still have struggles to deal with; I still have other work to do. But I will live in my house, and work on it each day. And with that dedicated effort, it will soon be finished.

It's time for me to go home.

~Christine

3 Comments:

Blogger Debra Davis Hinkle said...

Go for it!

June 1, 2008 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Laurie Woodward said...

You go girl! That's the way to write a book. One page at a time.

June 2, 2008 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Jim Leonard said...

Since I'm a little field mouse looking for food, I'm wondering if your house has any cheese? If the answer is yes, you can expect a visitor.

Also, just how do visitors get to play in that novel you mentioned?

June 3, 2008 at 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home